The GHS became mandatory under Workplace Health & Safety legislation in most Australian states and territories as of January 1st, 2017.
To assist users, manufacturer and suppliers of hazardous chemicals on how to comply with the new requirements, SafeWork NSW has created a short explainer video which covers:
- what the GHS is and who it affects
- the benefits of the new system
- the changes you will see on workplace chemical labels and safety data sheets
- how manufacturers, importers and suppliers can implement the GHS, and
- how workplaces can prepare for the new system.